One of the clearest lessons Americans may take away from the troubled economy of recent years is that it’s important to stay on top of your finances. Managing your money wisely can help you meet your goals. You may be aiming to pay off debt, buy a home, avoid foreclosure, help children attend college, start a business, enjoy a comfortable retirement or just stay afloat after a layoff or other financial crisis.
Navigator is on your side! As a benefit of your membership, we provide free and confidential access to a financial education and counseling service called BALANCE. It can help you take charge of your finances. The BALANCE website, www.balancepro.net, contains a wealth of helpful tools that can help take the confusion out of life’s financial demands. You’ll find calculators, checklists, articles, podcasts and more.
What Are Your Financial Needs?
Professional counseling from BALANCE is available free of charge. Counselors can help empower you by developing and implementing financial solutions tailored to your situation.
BALANCE can help you:
- Develop a spending and saving plan that helps to align your finances with your goals and your values.
- Put together a plan to get out of debt. A counselor can even provide a structured repayment plan.
- Prevent foreclosure on your home. Review your options and create a workable plan if you’re having trouble making your mortgage payments.
- Learn what you need to know about buying a house. It’s one of the biggest financial commitments you’ll make, so having a professional help you make sound decisions is a good idea.
- Understand your credit report and your rights, and learn steps to improve your credit score.
- Take steps to avoid becoming a victim of identity theft, or recover if damage has already been done.
- Plan for your financial future, including sending children to college and saving toward a financially secure retirement.
All of this expert advice is available to you free of charge. As a cooperatively owned financial institution, Navigator recognizes the benefits of helping members learn what they need to know about financial matters. Learn more about how to control debt with BALANCE. For one-on-one counseling, call BALANCE toll-free at 888-456-2227. Counselors are available Monday through Thursday 7 a.m. to 10 p.m., Friday 7 a.m. to 7 p.m. and Saturday 10 a.m. to
7 p.m. Central Time.
- Website not belonging to this organization is provided for information only. No endorsement is implied.