Navigator Credit Union is proud to call the communities along the Alabama - Mississippi Gulf Coast home since 1939. We are committed to giving back in various ways including sponsoring financial education programs and participating in community initiatives.
Community Strong Initiative
Navigator is assisting our Members who are negatively impacted by the COVID-19 pandemic, but we also are interested in supporting businesses in the communities we serve. One way we're doing this is with our #CommunityStrong/#Operation Carryout. Our Team Members working on the frontlines have been enjoying weekly lunches delivered from local establishments, including El Agave in Gulfport, El Patron in Vancleave, Glorybound Gyro Company and Woody's Roadside in Ocean Springs, Scranton's and Tay's BBQ in Pascagoula, The Coffee Shop Hurley/Creations and More and Lolly & Pop's Kitchen in Hurley, Rio Mexican Restaurant and Briquettes in Mobile and many more. Patronizing these restaurants keeps jobs and dollars in our communities. Additional initiatives are planned as we continue to work together during the challenging days ahead. Learn more about our effort by visiting our Community Strong page and keep up with what we're doing by liking us on Facebook and following us on Twitter and Instagram.
Navigator is bringing Banzai, an online financial literacy program, to educators and students in our area. The program teaches students to navigate adult financial dilemmas with real-life scenarios. The Credit Union sponsors nine area schools more than 3,000 students have benefitted from the engaging money lessons offered to their schools at no charge. To learn more about Banzai, click here.
Jeans Fridays for Charities
In the often “buttoned-up” world of finance, casual Fridays are coveted days where employees embrace the opportunity to dress down. Thanks to a new initiative, Navigator Team Members can also give back to the communities the Credit Union serves. Navigator has turned casual Fridays into a charitable cause by implementing Jeans Fridays for Charities. The program is simple but effective. Team Members who wish to wear jeans on Fridays make a small donation. Each month, the donations are tallied up and donated to a local non-profit organization serving the Alabama-Mississippi Gulf Coast. Some of the organizations that have benefited from Jeans Fridays for Charities include United Way of Jackson and George Counties, MS Walk: Mississippi Gulf Coast, Jackson County Heart Walk, Our Sister's Closet in Mobile and Special Olympics of South Mississippi. We are excited to be able to give back to our communities and also enjoy casual Fridays going forward. We hope you don't mind these dress-down days as they are for a good cause!
Request a Donation or Sponsorship
We support many organizations and projects in our local communities throughout the year. Due to the high number of requests, all requests for donations, sponsorships, volunteer activities and Navigator giveaway items must be requested using the online Donation Request Form. Completed form requests must be submitted at least three weeks prior to the requested date. A request does not guarantee funding.
As a member-owned, not-for-profit financial institution, Navigator dedicates limited sponsorship and donation funds to support organizations and events which help us fulfill our Mission. In addition to recurring signature sponsorships, consideration is given to programs and projects of philanthropic and community benefit, including but not limited to:
- Local youth support, education or development programs
- Financial education
- Community development projects
- Cultural development events.
Navigator does not sponsor special interest groups or activities which cannot be considered to be of benefit to the community or in advancement of the Credit Union's Mission, Vision and Values. Limited sponsorship and donation budget resources are unlikely to be allocated to programs and projects such as:
- For-profit, religious or political organizations
- National organizations or organizations without direct ties and/or benefit to the communities served by the Credit Union
- Social outings, parties, alumni banquets, family reunions
- Donations or sponsorships for individuals, including but not limited to personal fundraisers, pageants , athletic travel teams, individual or group trips or for other personal purposes.
Please keep in mind:
- Consideration will be based on availability of funds.
- Only organizations and groups within Navigator's service area will be considered for donations and sponsorships.
- Navigator Members will be given priority when considering requests.
- Navigator must be granted recognition by the organization or group making the request, such as published advertising, booth space or signage.
- A photo or other proof of agreed to recognition must be submitted to the Marketing department in order to be considered for future donations or sponsorships.